macOS Release Notes
PingPlotter 5.19.5 - April 9, 2021
- Improved UDP packet generator reliability after a network change.
- Improved PingPlotter’s ability to connect during startup when installed as a service.
- Fixed “UNIQUE constraint failed: Comments.ID” error, which affected some users with persistent comments.
- Fixed a critical issue that would prevent PingPlotter from shutting down and periodically cause Agents to stop collecting data.
- (Web UI) The Web UI will no longer display “ArgumentNullException obj can not be null” during CloudConnect Controller sessions sync.
PingPlotter 5.19.1 - March 1, 2021
- Updated packet generator - PingPlotter’s packet generator has been updated to improve its accuracy for sub-millisecond latencies over long periods of extended testing.
- Comments in the web UI - Just like in the platform, you can add comments to specific points in Timeline Graphs. You can also set alerts to automatically add comments under specific conditions.
- Agent-based summaries in the web UI - PingPlotter Cloud Agents are now given unique target summaries, making it easier to manage traces on remote devices. In addition, you can now create LiveShare links for Agent summaries, allowing viewers to see the complete status of their network connection.
- Changed the Save Image alert to use a 24-hour time in file name instead of a 12-hour time
- Improved CloudConnect Agent install process to be less confusing when deploying to remote devices
- Special characters are now supported when naming an Agent through the web UI
- (Web UI) Made CloudConnect Agent management easier to navigate
- (Web UI) The target input history dropdown is now customizable and remembers previous entries
- (Web UI) Timeline Graph scrolling is much more smooth and logical
- (Web UI) Added an All LiveShare viewer page
- (Web UI) Added settings for latency color scale
- (Web UI) Updated control panel reactivity to work better on more screen sizes
- (Web UI) Improved the Trace Graph dropdown menu
- (Web UI) Improved resource usage and performance
- Fixed bugs in the Modify Summary and Route Adjustment alerts that prevented editing and creation in some instances
- (Web UI) Fixed scrollbars showing up unnecessarily on the login page
- (Web UI) Fixed Timeline Graph sorting so you can, you know, sort Timeline Graphs
PingPlotter 5.18.3 - September 04, 2020
- When setting up an alert for a specific target, PingPlotter will now automatically select the final hop as the default
- On summary screens, sorting preferences are now stored in the browser and won't reset automatically
- The Packet Loss % label on Timeline Graphs is now red, matching the packet loss color on the graph itself
- Updated the Timeline Graph icon indicator to something less confusing (as it was being mistaken for a WiFi indicator — definitely our B)
- The Agent details panel buttons no longer truncate text when unnecessary
- Fixed a bug that kept users from importing workspaces with history data
- Sidekick now has the correct license information displayed on your account page
PingPlotter 5.18.2 - August 10, 2020
- You can now uninstall a CloudConnect Agent from a machine remotely through the CloudConnect tab in the web UI (Agent must be on version 5.10.4 or above)
- (Web UI) Improved scrolling through Timeline Graphs and graph data when using a trackpad or Apple Magic Mouse
- (Web UI) Improved alert setup to better communicate when an alert is ready to be finished versus when it needs more information
- (Web UI) Users with Summary permissions are no longer able to toggle Final Hop Only on a trace
- Fixed a bug that created a premature datastore for .PP2 files that had not been fully imported
- Fixed several bugs related to “index out of bounds” and “null reference” errors
- (Web UI) Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Focus dropdown to stop updating
- (Web UI) Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Timeline Graphs of offline CloudConnect traces to appear blank
- (Web UI) The graph color legend on target windows now show the proper values for different settings configurations
- (Web UI) Zooming in or out on a Timeline Graph will now center on the cursor location as the 'zoom point'
- (Web UI) When sorting targets by a column, stopping a trace will cause sorting to return to default (by target name)
- (Web UI) The menu option to convert a trace to Final Hop Only appears on Agent traces. However, you cannot currently convert an Agent trace to Final Hop Only
PingPlotter 5.18.1 - July 8, 2020
- (web UI) Improved web exception ticket error reporting
- (web UI) Selecting Add to new summary from the context menu now redirects to the new summary
- (web UI) Summary screens now sort by target name by default
- (web UI) When stopping a target/trace, PingPlotter now unselects that target in the control panel & alert sidebar
- (web UI) Resizing timegraphs via the splitter now adjusts the graph sizes more quickly
- (web UI) Added “Pause” indicator on summary graphs to show targets that are paused
- (web UI) Updated “Agent Offline” icon and made it display in both the Agent column of summary screens and above timegraphs
- (web UI) Removed some superfluous scroll bars
- (web UI) Other minor tweaks and UI improvements
- Fixed CloudConnect Agent functionality on Windows 7
- (web UI) Fixed ability to add new targets to a summary if you have Target Management permissions, but not Summary Management permissions (now is allowed)
- (web UI) Fixed several control panel oddities when selecting targets in the summary (Agent, settings now follow correctly)
- (web UI) Sorting the Status column on summaries now sorts correctly (by average latency/color)
- (web UI) Latency graphs on the summary screen no longer flash when sorting by a volatile column
- (web UI) Double-clicking a timegraph will now shift focus to your double-click location instead of someplace else...
- (web UI) Fixed user search in user editor so it’s not case sensitive and searches any part of the name (not just the beginning)
- (web UI) Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the target list and Trace Graph to not appear when switching between targets/summaries
- (macOS) CloudConnect does not currently support proxies
PingPlotter 5.18.0 - July 1, 2020
- PingPlotter’s new web UI - We’ve redesigned PingPlotter’s built-in web UI, building on the massive revision we introduced in 5.15. This includes alert and setting management, CloudConnect integration, and an improved design that’s more functional and easier on the eyes
- Changed how Target and Summary permissions function to make more sense and behave more as expected
- Improved error submission from within the web UI
- Added user permissions for alerts, the session browser, and CloudConnect Agents in the web UI
- Improved proxy and reverse proxy support
- Sorting by "Status" in the web UI no longer redirects to the All Targets summary
- Downloading a PP2 from the web UI now downloads all historical data instead of 5 minutes
- Routes now update with the current Focus in the web UI
- Notes column edits now save in the web UI
- Target name edits now save in the web UI
- When installing Sidekick over a trial, web server authentication now automatically turns off
- Users with Target Management permissions can only start a trace in the All Targets summary or the New Target screen
- (macOS) CloudConnect does not currently support proxies
PingPlotter 5.17.1 - June 12, 2020
- When starting a trace with an IP address, PingPlotter now automatically attempts to resolve a DNS name
- Improved some error messages in the Web Interface to give better information
- Improved the load speed of timegraphs on LiveShare pages
- Fixed a number of "null reference" and "object reference" errors that occurred in a variety of situations
- Fixed sorting of Agent, Settings, and Notes column in the Web Interface
- Fixed a bug that would stop live-rendering of the Web Interface when changing root authentication preferences
- Fixed a bug in the installer where not running VBScript would cause a full install to fail
- Fixed a number of minor LiveShare bugs
- Fixed a situation where LiveShare would not live update
- Fixed a situation that would cause LiveShare page styling not to load correctly
- Fixed a "Sequence contains no elements" bug in Sidekick that would prevent it from starting traces correctly in some situations
- When viewing history data within the Web Interface, the route/trace-grid data does not always update with the current Focus
PingPlotter 5.17.0 - May 28, 2020
- Multi-user management - Set up accounts and permissions for multiple PingPlotter web interface users, limiting their edit access for traces, summaries, or other users
- Live Share - Share and manage unique weblinks that display current network conditions for specific targets or summaries, allowing you to show results to specific people without giving them access to anything they shouldn’t see
- Improved web trace graph column resize/drag, making for a smoother experience
- Improved the layout of the trace graph column selector
- Improved web interface performance and memory/cpu usage
- Fixed packet loss overstatement on PP2 imports
- Fixed packet send delay editor
- Fixed jitter column sorting in the web interface
- Fixed column adjustment algorithm in the web interface
- If a setting is changed that would require the web server to internally restart (such as authentication, changing the admin username/password, or a license change), the web interface will no longer live update. Currently, this can be resolved by stopping and restarting the PingPlotter service.
PingPlotter 5.15.8 - April 6, 2020
- Quick Trace Links - Use and share links that automatically start a trace to a specific endpoint, helping you solve your own issues quickly while also making it easier to troubleshoot problems for those who might not be the most net-savvy.
- Improved CloudConnect stability.
- Improved .pp2 export performance.
- Fixed the cause of the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes stopped PingPlotter's web interface from updating once the host machine had gone to sleep.
- Fixed several timeout errors when starting CloudConnect traces.
- Fixed several bugs that would cause PingPlotter's UI to freeze.
PingPlotter 5.15.1 - January 13, 2020
- New Web Interface - Control PingPlotter from your favorite browser. Access PingPlotter locally or remotely, allowing you to monitor networks, test connections, and view results from practically anywhere.
- Improved the Alerts setup experience.
- Updated the language surrounding MOS alerts to make setup more intuitive.
- Improved CloudConnect trace resilience and error reporting.
- Resolved an issue with Find Target (Ctrl+F) not working across summaries.
- Fixed multi-select functionality.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the import of .pp_sample files.
- Fixed a bug where the Test Action button on alerts always passed.
- Fixed a bug where the Launch an EXE alert would not always function.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors to appear when switching workspaces.
- Resolved an issue where CloudConnect traces would sometimes cause reference errors.
- Fixed various frozen UI issues.
PingPlotter 5.11.5 - September 10, 2019
- Timeline Graph Dropdown - Added a time frame dropdown selector to the Timeline Graph
- Timeline Graph Resize Control - Added a control to resize the Timeline Graph
- Added macOS Catalina beta support
- Resolved an issue that sometimes caused the service to either not start, or take a long time to start
- Resolved an issue that sometimes caused the Trace Grid to stop updating
- Resolved an issue that caused the UI to lock up when restarting a large amount of targets
- Resolved an issue that caused the alert log to throw an error when opened after deleting sessions
- Resolved an issue that was sometimes causing Rest Alerts to not work properly
PingPlotter 5.11.3 - July 25, 2019
- Resolved an issue with the Trace Grid sometimes displaying incorrect data
PingPlotter 5.11.2 - July 17, 2019
- Custom Notes Column - Add a helpful note to any hop in a route, whether it be for yourself, your team, or your ISP. Add or edit notes by right-clicking on a hop row, hovering over the target name, and clicking Edit Notes
- Added a new button to the LND tab to make it easier to close
- Resolved an issue that made importing Target Lists take longer than necessary
- Resolved an issue that sometimes incorrectly duplicated data when importing a .PP2 file
- Resolved an issue that prevented re-configuring a CloudConnect Agent with a new link
PingPlotter 5.11.1 - July 3, 2019
- Improved messaging around enabling CloudConnect when already configured as an Agent or Controller
- Improved the CPU performance of PingPlotter’s packet send engine
- Resolved an issue that prevented some PingPlotter Free users from saving an image
- Resolved a scenario that prevented users from setting a save an image alert
- Resolved an issue that sent a single image twice in an email alert if two different images were requested
- Resolved an issue that caused errors when importing a target list to a CloudConnect Agent
- Resolved an issue with PingPlotter causing excessive disk usage
PingPlotter 5.10.4 - May 9, 2019
- Improved behavior of "Route Changed" and "IP Address In Route" alert conditions that inspect routes and an edge case where they could potentially create duplicate route entries for targets utilizing these conditions.
- Improved behavior of targets that fail to start over CloudConnect due to DNS resolution failure.
- Improved messaging for "Test Connection" button in CloudConnect settings page.
- Improved the messaging when a target is unable to start via CloudConnect due to an error occurring on the Agent.
- Minor improvements to email validation in "Email Support" window.
- Resolved an issue where resetting and restarting a target with an active alert would result in a frozen interface.
- Resolved a scenario where users would get an error regarding comment migration when upgrading to new versions.
- Running as a background service should now allow users to enable/disable MOS column as intended.
- Resolved a scenario where subscription users weren't able to view certain splash screen pages.
- Resolved a typo in the CloudConnect session limit bar messaging.
PingPlotter 5.10.3 - April 26, 2019
- Mean Opinion Score Column - Evaluate route and hop conditions on a 1-5 scale using calculated MOS values.
- CloudConnect Agent Details - The Pingman Account Portal now reports the current version and other client details for macOS Agents, just as it does for Windows Agents.
- Improved CPU usage that could grow over time when closing/re-opening target windows and summary windows.
- Improved the user experience when attempting to configure as a CloudConnect Agent/Controller with an existing configuration.
- When an error occurs during a target list import via CloudConnect Agent, it should now result in a single message window rather than a new window for each incident.
- Improved CloudConnect splash behavior, which could have previously resulted in having multiple windows open displaying different statuses.
- Significantly improved memory usage when attempting to send email alerts but were unable due to no connection.
- Improved some buggy behavior which could occur when attempting to reset and restart CloudConnect traces.
- Improved view of timeline graph slider, which would cover a portion of the bottom graph when open.
- PingPlotter no longer creates a custom summary when importing a target list file if already on a custom summary.
- Improved shutdown behavior when running as a background service.
- Installing as a service for the first time should now properly copy application data if no service data exists.
- Resolved a scenario where a corrupt data file would fail to rebuild and prevent startup.
- CloudConnect trace utilization messaging now properly updates when CloudConnect traces are closed.
- When enabled as a CloudConnect Controller/Agent, PingPlotter now closes the settings window, which could previously result in over-writing new settings if clicking "Save" on lingering open windows.
- CloudConnect traces no longer attempt to resolve on the Controller, allowing Agent to do DNS resolution as intended.
- Renaming a custom summary after adding targets to it should no longer result in a "Frozen Interface" error message.
- Resolved a scenario where updating when running as a service would result in an "Index out of bounds" error message.
- PingPlotter now properly displays resolution messages when it fails to resolve DNS for CloudConnect traces.
PingPlotter 5.10.2 - April 2, 2019
- Updated the CloudConnect beta in preparation for the upcoming CloudConnect Preview release.
- Implemented a variety of minor bug fixes.
- Resolved an issue where CloudConnect traces would stop when a new Flex Storage period is encountered.
PingPlotter 5.9.3 - March 22, 2019
- Resolved issues related to startup with large sets of data, resulting in error on startup and targets closing to session manager. These can be reopened via File > Manage Sessions.
- Resolved scenario where viewing large periods of data would cause significant CPU and sometimes spikes, resulting in "Database is locked" or "User interface is frozen" error messages.
PingPlotter 5.9.1 - March 14, 2019
- New Alert Functions - We’ve added new actions and a new condition to PingPlotter’s alert system:
- Export PP2 File - Automatically export a .PP2 data file of your current test data for a given target. You can set how much data you wish to export, making incident reporting and redundant data backup a simpler experience.
- Save an Image - Save a screenshot of your Trace and/or Timeline Graphs for a specified interval. This alert action helps automate evidence collection and routine status reporting.
- Add a Comment - Add a comment to the Timeline graph whenever an alert condition is met. Comments help keep you organized and communicate important details to anyone reviewing your data.
- Alert on a Timer - Set an alert action to trigger at regular time intervals. This alert condition allows you to automate routine PingPlotter actions, such as nightly log generation, data backups, and status emails.
- Significantly improved startup performance related to active Alerts on running targets and when loading daily Flex Storage data.
- Historical data template variable now limits the data exported which sometimes resulted in SMTP errors related to large attachments.
- When encountering certain data issues, now shows non-intrusive popup showing that corrupt samples were discarded rather than repeatedly showing error popup.
- Improved the way timeline graphs comments are loaded and displayed which could sometimes result in slow memory growth over time.
- Testing CloudConnect connection should now be slightly more accurate providing additional details on current state.
- Added "Agent" variable to email alert templating system.
- Improved performance and user experience when using Daily Flex Storage periods due to data file locks.
- Resolved an issue with Flex Storage databases causing data inconsistencies on CloudConnect Agents when selected Flex period rolls over.
- Fix for comma decimal not working when entering trace interval on machines with certain culture settings.
- Packet Engine options should now be available when running in Standard mode.
PingPlotter 5.8.11 - February 13, 2019
- Application icons received a minor touch up.
- Significant improvements to service startup and shutdown time.
- Added toggle setting for timeline graph comments on Dynamic DNS change.
- Fixed a scenario which showed invalid DateTime message with timeline graph slider.
- Fixed a scenario that would show invalid path message when testing Log to File alert.
- Fixed an issue causing targets to be removed from Summaries after application restart.
PingPlotter 5.8.10 - January 29, 2019
- LND "Export to CSV" option now allowed in Standard edition.
- Improved sizing for images included in email alert templates.
- Restart application prompt no longer shows when selecting "Cancel" in custom data path browser.
- Null host error now displays better messaging and closes problem target.
- Improved performance when using Local Network Discovery via CloudConnect Agents.
PingPlotter 5.8.9 - January 16, 2019
- Corrected an issue with aliases causing data storage problems.
- Fixed an issue with some users not being able to set trace interval with commas instead of decimal points.
- Corrected issue with period focus changing when resetting focus to current.
- Corrected an issue where the trial splash screen would not always run because of a different calendar format.
- Fix for null reference that sometimes occurred a few seconds after Local Network Discovery is stopped.
- Fixed an issue causing 'Test Email' alert button to not work in all cases.
- Corrected issue when switching workspaces after importing a file that would cause various errors.
- Corrected a scenario where importing a .pp_sample file without fully importing data would cause misc errors on next launch.
- Corrected Find Target implementation (⌘ + F).
- Significantly improved the amount of CPU that PingPlotter uses.
- Added ability to Find Target by alias name.
PingPlotter 5.8.7 - January 3, 2019
- Resolved an issue where restarting a CloudConnect Agent prevented sessions from re-opening on the Controller.
- Resolved an issue where "Over Time" Alert Conditions that resulted in partial seconds would show "Invalid Input String".
- Resolved a scenario where High Sierra users with expired / expiring Maintenance would get an invalid color message.
- Resolved an issue where Free users would occasionally see error message "Null Reference Error" after tracing for some time.
PingPlotter 5.8.5 - December 20, 2018
- Several misc improvements to timeline graph slider behavior.
- CloudConnect Agents should now clear local session data as it's successfully delivered.
- Session Manager should now open center screen rather than bottom left corner.
- Resolved a scenario where session database files would sometimes grow at an exponential rate.
- Timeline graph slider should now be visible on macOS High Sierra.
- CloudConnect traces are no longer displayed in Session Manager causing misleading error messages.
PingPlotter 5.8.4 - December 10, 2018
- Resolved an issue where starting the application with existing historical data (sessions.ppdata) would cause a null reference error.
- Resolved a scenario where ConfigurationSettings were not migrating properly to new data format resulting in a non-blocking error.
- Changing data storage directories should now properly restart application on setting change.
- Now silently handles socket closed messages that were sometimes shown during loss of Agent connection.
PingPlotter 5.8.3 - December 7, 2018
- Resolved a scenario where application shut down would freeze indefinitely and cause loss of data.
- Resolved issue with getting session count that would result in a frozen interface.
PingPlotter 5.8.2 - December 6, 2018
- Auto Save Data setting now defaults to Always. This will not affect existing installations.
- Implemented a slider control below timeline graphs in target windows which allows for much easier scrolling back through historical data.
- File > Save Image now works on summary windows.
- Resetting and restarting an open target now retains custom name.
- Importing Workspaces, PP2 Files and Target Lists should now display correct progress percentage.
- Sending email alerts with certain characters should no longer cause "Invalid Characters in Path" message to be displayed.
PingPlotter 5.8.1 - Nov 21, 2018
- Flex Storage - PingPlotter now separates your session trace data by day or month allowing for increased performance and ease of data management. NOTE: Data collected in versions 5.8.1 and above is only accessible in those versions. Previous versions will be unable to access the data if you roll back.
- Final Hop Only - A new option that allows users to mitigate resource usage and only collect full route data when it's interesting. This can be configured via "Settings > Engine Options > Start traces as final hop only" and also includes a manual toggle via right click menu as well as a new "Route Adjustment" Alert action that allows you to automate Final Hop Only / Full Route toggling based upon pre-determined conditions.
- CloudConnect Beta - Remote tracing has never been such a breeze! PingPlotter's CloudConnect feature allows users to deploy PingPlotter to additional machines as an "Agent" and collect remote trace data as if they were on site. This remote trace data is always being collected and can be stored in the cloud to be delivered at any time.
PingPlotter 5.5.16 - October 11, 2018
- Added dark mode integration with MacOS Mojave.
- Added better handling when attempting to trace to an invalid host.
- Fixed problem in the MOS column algorithm that sometimes caused invalid results.
- Fixed a bug that caused PingPlotter to highlight timeline graphs excessively when live sorting is on.
PingPlotter 5.5.12 - May 14, 2018
- Latency over time alert conditions should now fire as expected when examining a period of time with a threshold of 100% of the time.
PingPlotter 5.5.11 - April 25, 2018
- Alert conditions should show selected condition rather than first condition in dropdown menu
PingPlotter 5.5.10 - April 10, 2018
- Timeline graph displays should now correctly update based on the selected target configurations
- Certain scenarios that require active maintenance should now work correctly for subscription license types
- File path should now display full path correctly when using Launch an Executable alert action
- Selecting multiple or all targets on summaries should no longer alter target configurations
- Alerts Panel should no longer show invalid / non - existent alert bindings for targets
- Alerts should no longer be added to a target when editing an alert via Alert Library
- Resolved an error that would sometimes occur during startup when registering MOS column
- Testing Log to File alert action should no longer show an error
- When recovering from an application crash, now displays All Targets summary rather than individual target windows
PingPlotter 5.5.9 - February 23, 2017
- Resolved an issue where SMTP setup window would be hidden in the background
- Resolved an issue where using Tab key in SMTP setup would hide the window
- Resolved a scenario where certain Alerts panel screens would cause application crashes
- Resolved a scenario where the background service would not update when located in Applications directory
PingPlotter 5.5.8 - February 3, 2017
- New Feature: Network interface card (NIC) selection allows users to correlate PingPlotter setting configurations with local network interface cards; see the difference between your wired and wireless connection!
- Resolved a scenario that allowed frozen interface issues to open an exponential amount of PingPlotter instances
- Resolved an issue where long running instances would sometimes get a frozen interface while running in the background
- Resolved an issue that would sometimes result in an error message "invalid hop number"
- Resolved a scenario that would sometimes result in new packet configurations not displaying a default packet engine
- Improvements to prevent a frozen interface on startup when clearing temporary sessions
- Improvements to alert panel to prevent a scenario where the alert panel would hide behind the main PingPlotter window
PingPlotter 5.5.5 - October 19, 2017
- Added a feature that transfers existing license and target history from client data when running PingPlotter as a service for the first time
- Added the ability to reverse select timeline graphs within target windows
- Fixed scenario where hovering over an area with no stats on a timeline graph would result in being shown "fake" stats
- Fixed errors related to adding targets to a new summary that would sometimes result in a frozen interface
- Fixed an error that would sometimes result in "Host not found" errors
- Fixed scenario that would result in empty UDP port ranges when creating a new UDP packet engine
- Fixed scenario that would result in alert icon missing from trace grid on summary and target screens
- Removed "Auto show timeline graphs on summary" to prevent unintended resource consumption
PingPlotter 5.5.4 - September 28, 2017
- Start / pause button should now be visible in macOS High Sierra
- Importing a .PP2 downloaded from the web should no longer result in an error
PingPlotter 5.5.3 - September 25, 2017
Lots of small improvements and fixes, especially as target counts grow.
- Performance improvements to the session browser - sample counts load in the background so the session list shows immediately
- Opening more than a handful (5!) sessions from the session browser puts them in the All Targets summary, highlighted, instead of opening tabs for them. Right-click and "Show Target Window" on the summary graph if you actually want to open them all.
- Performance improvements when resuming tracing after a long hiatus (months) - totals will "aggregate" in the background with a bit less importance and foreground collection and data saves are prioritized higher.
- Less CPU use with lots of targets. 250 targets with 2.5 second trace intervals should be a lot more CPU friendly now.
- The remote agent now uses the latest sample instead of sometimes using an older cached one.
- Improvements to long-term memory use that was causing an array index error (and other memory / sluggishness problems)
- Importing a .PP2 sample set would sometimes give a licensing error instead of opening.
- Fixed a problem with the web interface would sometimes give a -4077 econnreset error when a web browser closed its session
- Fixed a couple of frozen issues (at startup and several others)
- Fixed an issue where Standard users would sometimes only be able to open a single target.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on a target graph didn't do anything
- Fixed an issue where Local Network Discovery wouldn't let you export to CSV.
- On MacOS, fixed an issue where new targets always showed 2.5 second default trace intervals - now it uses the last setting, or what's in the summary you launch a target from.
- A good handful of unexpected errors (object references, contract missing and similar) were corrected.
PingPlotter 5.5.2 - September 13, 2017
- Added "Route Changed" and "IP Address in Route" alert conditions
- Added "MOS" (Mean Opinion Score) column to summary and target windows
- Added timeline graph scrolling container that allows users to keep open as many timeline graphs as they desire
- Added General setting to "Automatically show timeline graphs for targets added to summary screen"
- Added General setting "Timeline graph minimum height" which prevents timeline graphs from going below a certain size
- Added "Reverse selecting" of timeline graphs allowing users to easily correlate a graph with a target in the upper trace window
- Added "Timeline hover tooltip" which provides detailed latency information when hovering over a timeline graph
- Added "Target Count" to bottom of summary trace graph below final target
- Added the ability to export "Local Network Discovery" targets to a CSV file
- Added "Launch an Executable" alert type
- Command ⌘ + W keyboard shortcut to close active PingPlotter window
- Added the abilities to Export and Clear Workspace
- Added the ability to Export Target List
- Fixed several issues that resulted in "Object reference error"
- Fixed issue where PingPlotter would move to Applications and leave existing copy "lingering"
- Fixed issue where PingPlotter window would not open in the correct location
- Fixed issue where web interface graph time and focus period would always revert to the default
- Moved Summary sub-menu out of Workspaces and into its own menu category
- Timeline graph highlight color now matches macOS highlight color
PingPlotter 5.4.3 - March 10, 2017
- Workspace consistency
- Removed error popup when resetting and restarting a target while the Alerts is panel open
- Resolved an issue where time graphs would sometimes stop updating
- Resolved an issue where trace intervals longer than 60 minutes would stop other traces and prevent alerts from firing
- Resolved an issue where renaming a summary via Web Interface would result in an error
- Resolved an issue where time graphs were sometimes not opening in their correct state
- Improvements to messaging and UX of Free mode users
- Improvements to route accuracy
- Improvements to macOS Background Service to prevent service related errors
- Background mode now correctly disposes of targets that are not set to save data
- Minor UI improvements
PingPlotter 5.4.2 - February 2, 2017
- Ability to reset and restart targets from a summary.
- Right-click target or timeline from summary > Show Target Window.
- Jitter target line (Edit > Options > Display > Jitter "target" line).
- Date & time stamp on summary showing detailed focus period times.
- Sort time graphs now available via right-click of a target in summary screen.
- Exporting has been adjusted to bring stability and less errors.
- Alert panel button looks better.
- Fixed a bug related to default settings in trial mode
- Improvements within the remoting sytem now prevents deadlocks and frozen interfaces.
- Minor changes in route building logic
- Entitled builds (from license system) now pass code signing checks in macOS Sierra.
PingPlotter 5.3.2 - November 28, 2016
- Minor changes around packet dispatching while Local Network Discovery is running.
PingPlotter 5.3.1 - November 18, 2016
- Two new features are available in this release.
- Local Network Discovery - You can now scan your local network using a wide variety of protocols to identify devices that can be affecting your network performance. You will love how easy it is to view your network and select devices to monitor with PingPlotter. Local network discover is available in Standard and Professional editions.
- Dynamic DNS Support - Do you use PingPlotter to monitor a server that doesn't stay on a fixed IP address? Now PingPlotter will follow DNS changes that point to the system and keep monitoring it regardless of IP address changes. Instructions on how to use dynamic DNS are available in the manual.
- New features aren't the only thing to get excited about. This is the first simultaneous release of macOS and Windows. Hooray for cross-platform technology!
- Fixed a bug that caused some new traces to start at the wrong default trace interval.
- Improved startup performance for users with larger data sets.
- Hunted down and tackled a bug that produced "route 0 no found" errors.
- Got crazy route changes? This version brings several improvements to route tracking that helped both the new features and overall performance.
PingPlotter 5.1.1 - Oct 18, 2016
First non-beta release of PingPlotter for Mac - mostly feature parity with the Windows release. Changes since the 5.0.2 beta build:
- The Professional edition for macOS now includes a web interface for viewing PingPlotter activity remotely.
- Professional users can also view Jitter graphs conveniently located above timeline graphs.
- Want more packet types? You got it! Support for UDP and Remote Agent packets are at you fingertips. TCP packets did not make it due to some challenges with OSX libpcap generator (sorry, we're still working on this).
- More robust handling of network interface changes (up/down/left/right/etc).
- Changing license modes now restarts application and service together.
- We made PingPlotter better at detecting and handling upgrades when running as a service.
- Since everybody loves spinning circles... We added a "progress spinner" when uploading image to share.pingplotter.com.
- Improved trace interval performance when running as a service.
- Improvements to CPU usage, especially on macOS Sierra. Welcome to the family Sierra!
- Then we just threw in a bunch of other fixes and improvements to core data collection and display. We call it "polish."
5.0.2 Beta - Sept 30, 2016
- Made a small but important change so users upgrading from previous versions won't run into a wall when one of their settings doesn't transfer correctly.
- Fixed a problem that blocked PingPlotter from starting for certain users upgrading from version 1.4 when their configuration information was not in the expected format.
- Fixed an issue that prevented PingPlotter from launching on systems running OS X 10.10.
5.0.0 Beta - Sept 15, 2016
When we released the Mac Preview late last year (2015), we loved it, but knew it had a long way to go to make it comparable to our Windows version. We've made huge strides towards that with the just-released PingPlotter Beta for macOS. It's had a lot of internal testing, and we think it's great. We are eager for your feedback, especially if you run in to bugs or unexpected errors.
PingPlotter Beta for macOS shares an "engine" with PingPlotter for Windows. The alerts system, settings system, summary graphs, statistics calculations, auto-save, share and more have all been injected into the Mac version. The user interface, however, is all Mac. It takes advantage of macOS's native controls, buttery smoothness, and rendering goodness. Running as a service on Mac is also entirely macOS native (and when you invoke the Install Service option from the App menu, it uses native Mac launchctl systems for this). Everyone in our company has a Mac as their main computer. We're certainly enjoying the beta, but we really hope it makes network troubleshooting suck less for you.
If you've been using Version 1.4 "Preview" released early this year, the only bad news is that your collected/stored data won't automatically migrate to the new version. Export your data before you migrate!
We're thankful for you - and that you're using our tool(s) to help with your network troubleshooting.