Version 5 Manual
Log to file
The "Log to File" alert writes data to a text file whenever alert conditions are met.
The filename is required to have a full path specified (for example: "C:\ppdata\Alert.log") in order to save the log file properly.
- Common Tasks
- Alert Actions
- Web UI
- Advanced Features
- Understanding Output
- Discovering a route between you and a target
- Interpreting Results - A Quick Example
- Finding the source of the problem
- Finding the source of the problem - part 2
- Interpreting Results - Longterm Monitoring
- Interpreting Results - Gamers
- Interpreting Results - ISP Problems
- Interpreting Results - Bad Hardware
- Interpreting Results - Bandwidth Saturation
- Voice over IP (VoIP) troubleshooting
- Building a Compelling Case
Test packet loss, latency, and more
14 day free trialTry PingPlotter
Need an earlier version?
Versions one through four are available in the legacy manual.