Related and interesting links
Occasionally, we run across an interesting topic, link or web site. We have no affiliation with any of these sites, and some of them may not even be up. Enter at your own risk (arrrggghhhh - pirate thoughts abound after reading the Traceroute and Pirates article).
- Some thoughts on speed of light latency - great article about why a good ping is important.
- DSL reports (your one stop shop for xDSL information)
- 808hi.com (tons of information for dialup modem users)
- Speedguide.net has equipment reviews, tweaks, etc.
- Daryl's TCP/IP primer - interesting information about TCP/IP
- The ping page (links to lots of stuff related to ping)
- The story of PING - where it all started...
- Traceroute (and Pirates) - humorous "How does traceroute work?" article. Sam Spade seems down, and this is too good of analogy to lose, so we can find it here on the Internet Wayback Machine.
- NetMon.org (lots of cool tools and links)
- The museum of broken packets